We all want home to be a place of rest and peace after a busy day. Many of us protect our homes with security systems, lock the doors and take measures to protect our homes and families. But, what about spiritually protecting our homes?
A successful way to receive supernatural protection is to pray and anoint your home with oil. Anointing your home involves taking a small portion of olive oil, which represents the Holy Spirit’s anointing, and applying it with your finger to the posts of your door, both outside and inside your home while you pray God’s blessing to be released over and in your home. While the oil itself does not have any intrinsic value, in Scripture the act of anointing was seen as a consecration of a person or thing to God.
By praying and anointing your home, it releases the Presence of God and home becomes a sanctuary marked for safety, health and peace. Praying Psalm 91 declares angels will come to provide and to protect from every danger—sickness, disease, attack, fire and any other threat to your safety, health and well-being.
How to Anoint your home:
Follow these steps:
- Remove anything that has a negative emotion from your home. This can be books, movies, clothing with certain pictures or symbols, or objects that have a connection to hurtful past memories or wrong spirits.
- Command the power of darkness to go in Jesus’ Name. Any attempt of the enemy against your home or family must bow its knee at the name of Jesus. Philippians 2:9-10.
- Plead the blood of Jesus over each room and your family. There is great power in the blood of the Lamb, Colossians 1:20.
- Pray in every room the promises of God. Invite the Holy Spirit to fill every inch of your home. Pray that only His will be done and that everything that is said and done in your home will be pleasing to Him. This is a way of consecrating, or dedicating, your home to Him.
- Welcome the Presence of the Lord. You are dedicating your home to the Kingdom of God where love, joy and peace will rule and reign, Matthew 6:10.
As you pray and place oil on the door frame in your home, do this by faith. God has given you the power and the authority, Luke 10:19. The oil marks your home for God’s supernatural protection, “The yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil,” Isaiah 10:27.
Declare your home is a sanctuary and His Presence is welcome! Proclaim the blessings:
Psalm 91, “Our home dwells in the shelter of the Most High and rests in the shadow of the Almighty. He is our refuge and our fortress, our God, in whom we trust.”
Numbers 6:24-26, “The Lord will bless us and keep us; the Lord makes his face to shine upon us and is gracious to us; the Lord lift up his countenance upon us and gives us peace.”
1 Samuel 25:6, “We greet you Lord and decree: ‘Peace be to us, and peace be to this house, and peace be to all that we have.”
Thank God for His abiding love and for keeping your home a sanctuary that is set apart to meet the needs of anyone who lives and enters into your home. It’s a reminder to those living in the home that the house has been dedicated to God and committed to walk in accordance with God’s Word.